Sunday, February 19, 2012

CSI Case File #6: Missed the Deadline

Hello Blog Friends
Somehow time got away from me and I missed the deadline for Case #6 at CSI.  Nonetheless, I'm going to post it and share it here:
To me, the colours called out for a retro photograph, so I chose this one which shows my husband when he was a member of a band called The Fantam Five back in the '60's.
I really love this photo with all the guys looking so very Route 66 with somebody's muscle car in the background.

The colour palette allowed me to use the Orange Wood pp from the new MME collection, On the Bright Side, and an old SEI paper (the one with the retro circles.) I used a Maya Road journalling spot balanced with a hinge from hubby's tool kit. I was happy with how well the hinge fitted the barnboard-design of the paper.

The journalling challenge was to shine a light on your subject, and say three things about it.  There were two Richards and two Dennis' in the group, and they played clubs and roadhouses from 1965-69.  They were a rock'n'roll band, playing the billboard hits of the day: Walk, Don't Run, Wipeout, Gloria, and anything by the Rolling Stones.
One of the group went on to become a career Country & Western singer, much loved to this day by his fans from Quebec to Louisiana.
And as you've probably guessed, the fifth member of the Fantam Five was just that - a phantom. Which is what this project is - a phantom case file #6!
Hope you're enjoying a creative weekend! 
Thanks so much for stopping by.


No comments:

Post a Comment