Thursday, December 15, 2011

Christmas at the Cottage: Playing Hearts

Hello Blog Friends
I've been away from my craft desk because I've been spending some time here:

and here:
Now that I've shaken the sand out of my suitcase, I have a very laid- back feeling - an attitude I hope to keep throughout the Christmas season!
Here's a Christmas layout I did using My Mind's Eye Lost and Found Christmas collection:
The photo shows assorted sons, daughters, and my husband playing their annual mega-tournament of Hearts. (Apparently this is an addictive card game; I am no good with cards so I just take pictures!)
I love this collection from MME.  The papers are double-sided and have good weight to them. Gorgeous rich colours, and the glitter does not fall off - very nice to work with.
(Note: Plus it doesn't smell - there are some glittered papers out this year that have such a strong odour from the UV process that I've had to air them out in my garage for 3 weeks. A good reason to buy from your LSS, where you can touch and smell before purchase!)
I found the MME paper is so beautiful with its glittered borders and embellishments, that it seemed to call for a simple treatment.
I  detail-cut the holly leaf so it would overlap the photo at the bottom L:
 I tucked a white doily behind the photo for texture and contrast.
 I adhered a MME embellishment with trim, popped on a bead, a button, a tiny twine bow.

Some  vintage lace trim. two journalling cards, and voila - merry & bright!

We are all looking forward to our Christmas reunion up north, where the fun will start all over again soon.

2 comments:

  1. Who's alucky girl then,...
    That looks fantastic, and here we are sitting in rain and gale... NOt fair!
    Love the lo too, especially the diecuts with the trim!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many beautiful details on here, Fran! Just love how you used that paper, overlapping the photo with the holly, and that lacy trim is divine!

    ReplyDelete