Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Sweet and Simple Vintage Christmas Frames

I love the simple life - especially at Christmas time.   I discovered that by keeping things very simple and streamlined,  it makes Christmas much more enjoyable when it arrives!
Here are some super-simple, sweet, and charming vintage Christmas frames that I made this week:
I got the frames from the dollar bins at Michael's - grand total $4.00. The frames are already painted such beautiful colours,  I only added some coarse glitter to make them shine.
Then I added some jump rings on the backs of the frames, and attached some pearl dangles.  I made the bling-y parts by de-constructing a Christmas garland and attaching pieces of it for an added vintage touch.
And then the most fun part -  I added these beautiful vintage pictures cut from Melissa Frances paper (Attic Treasures collection).
Here's a picture of all 4 frames.
I made two with simple Christmas twine loops, and two with metal swoop hooks. The frames can hang on the tree,  or with the stockings, or anywhere a little Christmas touch is needed.  And that's it - so simple and fun.

1 comment:

  1. Fran, classy vintage frames, very nice. Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my blog.
    ava

    ReplyDelete