Wednesday, October 12, 2011

What I Did Last Weekend: OUAS

The challenge at Once Upon a Sketch was to answer the question"What are you doing this weekend?"
Here in Canada, it was Thanksgiving weekend. Here is my layout:
Any other year, this would have been a picture of me cooking a turkey. But I did things a little differently this year!  It was a beautiful time spent with family, and at the same time it was non-traditional.
The journalling reads:
One thing I did not do: cook a turkey! I ordered one and we enjoyed a happy stress-free day.
I did take time to scrap and I discovered something important: my compulsion to scrap is my way to shine a light on the generations.
I had extra time, and felt so creative as a result!  As you can see from the photo, there was time to get started on this layout for Once Upon a Sketch. It was the best of both worlds - family gathering and scrap time too.
Thanks for looking!

6 comments:

  1. Fran this is beautiful, and I love how posh you looking, gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous papers.....love the layout! oh and Happy Thanksgiving!
    Thanks for playing with us at Once Upon A....Sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you had a GREAT Thanksgiving!!! I love your design and the journaling!Oh..and your fab stitching too! Thanks for sharing your work with us at OUAS!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Fran this is absolutely gorgeous! Love the paper and mix and I love your kind of Thanksgiving! Heeheeee! Tks. for playing along with us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this page!
    Thanks for playing along with us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful page, striking colors! Just gorgeous! Thank you so much for joining us at OUAS!!!

    ReplyDelete