Sunday, October 16, 2011

Superman & L'il Witch

Just starting to get into the Halloween spirit!  We have bought pumpkins for the porch, and I have completed this layout:
I had to go back into some old albums to find this photo. By selecting The Witching Hour patterned paper from Fancy Pants Oct.31 collection, I was able to add red and blue to the more traditional Hallowe'en colours.
I hand stitched around the orange semi-circle:
Some details were added with TH masks - if you look closely, you'll see occasional bats, a raven, and a scary cat in the background on the lower right.
The chipboard swirls were distress inked (Black Soot) and smooched with Gingersnap. 
I added an envelope and a witches' spell for sleep on a full moon night.
This was their first "big kid" Hallowe'en. You can see how my daughter was really into her witchy spell-casting persona. My son kept his cape handy after Hallowe'en and wore it often over his regular clothes - just whenever he felt like being a super hero.
I still love Hallowe'en even though my children are grown. There's something about dressing up in costumes and wearing masks that brings out the kid in me, I guess.  And it's fun to get a little spooky once a year!
Thanks so much for stopping by today!

No comments:

Post a Comment