Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Retro Summer Continues!

Friends 4Ever June 1946
This is a lovely vintage photo of my mother's friends at the end of June 1946.  Their high school years had just come to a conclusion and you can just see the joy and hallelujahs in their expressions.


The inspiration for this layout came from a sketch at October Afternoon.
Just 4 Embellishments
Because this is a group of young women tasting freedom at the end of their high school years, the lovely TH die-cut bird is sitting outside of her cage, about to take flight. Otherwise, I used only 4 embellishments: a fabric flower, a round sticker, a manila tag, and a telephone cut out. 

I am trying a "less is more" approach as I work my way through this Retro obsession of mine.  It's SO challenging for me to embrace empty space.  Choosing this highly patterned paper from the 5&Dime collection made it easy to omit extra embellishments.  


I love the October Afternoon papers.  The patterns and colours do recall days gone by, and the papers are a lovely weight to work with. Perfect for my Retro scrapping -  just going with it, and we'll see where it takes me.


Thanks for stopping by, and wishing you lots of spaciousness in your day!  Thanks so much for your encouraging comments - very much appreciated.


Materials List:
Paper:  October Afternoon 5&Dime Collection/ Circus Peanuts, Root Beer
Bird & Cage DieCut:  Tim Holtz Alterations
Chipboard Alphas: Thickers
5&Dime Shape Stickers, October Afternoon

No comments:

Post a Comment