Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Where Angels Dance: Color Combos Galore 200

There's an anniversary blog hop happening at Color Combos Galore, in combination with their Challenge #200.  Prepare yourself for a real in-depth and learning experience, with lots of prizes and blog candy involved.
The technique for this challenge was to create drips or a melting effect.  Not my comfort zone at all!
I used watercolour paper and sprayed glimmer mists through cardboard tubes onto the paper.  End result - balloons with long strings!  (which was quite a surprise result). I also used a Prima mask, most of which ended covered up.
Challenge was to create a drip effect on the page.
The surprise ballon effect actually made it easy for me to select a photo - it had to be this one of my daughter and her friend before their first dance recital.  With their shining hair, lovely homemade costumes, and their glowing faces, they made me think of angels.
I popped some flowers onto the balloons for a festive, sunny effect, and added some paper punched strips for balance and colour.


Deadline for participating in the CCG blog hop is Sunday, July 24.  Have fun!
Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment