Friday, July 29, 2011

Law & Order Back in The Day: Retro Days 4

Continuing with my retro obsession during the summer of 2011:
One look at a car like this, and I'm thinking malt shops, ponytails, poodle skirts, and Happy Days.
I really had fun with this one.  I enjoyed the contrast of the big, serious vintage police car with the flowers, polka dots and lacy trims on this l/o.



I did a little sewing around the edges and added a stencilled flower with acrylic paint.

The black frame is a Kaiser Craft piece, covered with Enamel Accents.  The centre frame is Dusty Attic chipboard, covered with distress inks and crackle paint.  I tucked some lace in behind the frame for contrast.
Hope you enjoyed this little retrospective of a by-gone era that surfaced in my life that summer in My Little Town!
If you have some spare moments, feel free to leave a brief comment - each one is most appreciated!

Materials List:
Paper: Crate Paper Emma's Shop
Hanging Sign: Kaiser Craft
Baroque Frame: Dusty Attic
Tim Holtz Enamel Accents

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful work!! loving the lace accents and the stitchwork just gives it all a beautiful finish!

    Gabrielle xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is just beautiful! I'm with you on the retro...love it! Love looking at retro lo's...keep them coming! :)

    ReplyDelete