Wednesday, July 13, 2011

BLOOM: Color Combos Challenge #199

Color Combos Galore is hosting a colour challenge that combines all the summer colours I love best!
 
So I pulled out my favourite ice-cream coloured papers and came up with this layout.  Thanks to my daughter, who happened to be wearing just the right colours that day!


Part of what makes this one so much fun is the focus on typography: we were meant to re-create the mis-matched/slightly askew lettering on the bowls in the picture.  Being something of a font geek, I generally get upset when my letters don't match or if they don't line up perfectly.
 ( Don't you hate it when you pull out your favourite set of sticker letters and the one key letter, the one you need most, missing?)  Anyway, this time I got to mix and match on purpose -very liberating! The retro rectangles were cut on my Cricut with George and Shapes cartridge.
Thanks so much for stopping by.  Have a wonderful day.



Materials Used:
Patterned Papers:  BoBunny, Crate Paper
Chipboard Letters: from my stash of mis-matched letters
Flowers: Prima, Recollections,and one hand-made blossom
Embellishments:  butterfly (Recollections); mystery stickers (unknown)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Fran. So glad you played along this week your layout was beautiful, great photo and title. Hope you can play along this week as well as the colours are lovely

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this one as well! What an upbeat, colorful lo...so perfect for that pic of your beautiful dd.

    ReplyDelete